July

I've learned 
"that family and friends are what make us who we are today and without them we would never be complete."
This wedding to celebrate brought the dear niece and nephew by us again. We love when they come here. Congrats Jeff and Whitney.


They weren't even out the door when the Fox family started arriving at our house to enjoy the company of Kendall's since they returned. It has been quite a few years since we were all living stateside. A nice big back yard is fun to have when there is family to enjoy it with. 

 With burgers and hotdogs on the grill and homemade root beer with ice cream it was a lovely welcome home!
You can see some cousins are enjoying themselves. 

I'm not sure who was more excited to play some small goal football...Kendall and his boys or my husband?!!! These $5 yard sale find football nets have been paid off with all the use already.

After a super busy weekend like that we cleaned up the place for our next guests. Paul and Lynette arrived late Tuesday night and spent a few days by us till we headed to Belleville for the weekend.
It was grand. I love seeing my husband enjoy himself with his family. Not like he doesn't with mine but blood is blood. 
 Lee (right) lived in Grenada I don't know how many years ago. 15 possibly? He spent the afternoon by us and they caught up on life and lots more in the hours they could.
He brought along his three oldest boys. They were sure they couldn't talk to the two other men cuz their dad was talking different to them and they didn't know how to talk like that. HaHa! Lee's Grenadian talk came back to him like nothing. 
Lynette took over the entertaining with some book reading after I finished some games of Candyland and Chutes and Ladders. 

While the men fished Lynette and I enjoyed the beauty and catching up on life. I was feeling a little bad since I had to work a bunch of the time they were here. They did spend some time visiting other friends and family.

The night was successful.

oh the beauty.

They held five nice size Bass. The biggest was 16 inches I believe.  Lets just say they produced some nice fish fillets that we enjoyed for supper...and still have some waiting to be enjoyed!




 ....and Friday we headed to the big valley of Belleville.
Jaxson....his cuteness usually overrides the trouble he likes to give.

Grilling....we ate a lot of grilled food. That's what summer is for.

His uncle spoils him.

McKenzie....she's as cute as can be....hopefully it takes awhile yet before she realizes it.



She wanted her aunt...sitting with the men was too boring.

this little man....


I need not say more...they are all related! lol.

an electronic monopoly game that took forever.

Cooling she self with some shades! (excuse the grenadian...it just fits more better)


Spike ball

He's my favorite. ...and she just might top the lists on his chart as well!


Sometimes you need a few secret strategies to get the game back!

Strawberry milkshakes after some competitive spike ball.

Uncle teaching he nephew some more football skills so he can wreck his mother's house!
Belleville is a nice place to visit but I will take back my noisy house by a main road and civilization and lots of shopping within a few miles.

That seems to sum up our life the last while. Bucket has been working at my brother's house most evenings the past 2 weeks or so. It hasn't given any time to be bored...or at least not for me. 


work. work.
While the hubby works we hang out. She got my scarf off my head and proceeded to try and wear it. She looked like a cute little hippie!

...and this is beans...and take this times 3. Yes three pickings like this. I am done seeing them!

 
My beans  and tomatoes are reproducing at higher rates of speed than I can use. They are being given away. I still have tomatoes to can yet but I am realizing how hard it is to make your plants only produce on Monday's when you have off work. Yeah it's not working so well for me. I'm thankful for a mother who nicely canned the beans for me while I was working. I cleaned them and put them in jars and she did the canning.


And a new nephew joined the Fox family. So much fun.
Jude Liam enjoys ballgames with his aunt.... Or I like to think so anyway!


Comments

  1. Thanks for the pictures of your life... especially loved the pictures of your adorable niece and nephew!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance