Risks



RISKS

To laugh is to risk appearing the fool,
To weep is to risk being called sentimental.
To reach out to another is to risk involvement.
To expose feelings is to risk showing your true self.
To place your ideas and your dreams before the crowd is to risk being called naive.
To love is to risk not being loved in return,
To live is to risk dying,
To hope is to risk despair,
To try is to risk failure

But risks must be taken, because the greatest risk in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing.
He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow or love.
Chained by his certitude, he is a slave; he has forfeited his freedom.
Only the person who risks is truly free.

Risks. Life is a risk. How true this is. But all these risks were already done by Jesus when he was here on earth. He loved in yet many persecuted him in return. He put hope in his disciples yet in his last hours that hope was diminished by their sleeping. He tried. Tried to show them that his time was limited. Tried to show them that he was about to leave them so that one day they could live with him forever. But Jesus DID NOT risk his life. Risk defined is "chance of loss." His death was not a loss. It was a gain. A gain for you and I.
Do I shy away from reaching out because I know what the involvement might require? In doing so I will not learn or grow. I want to love....I do love but it can be one of the hardest things at times. To really love my students when I maybe don't feel their love or is it they aren't feeling mine? Some things in life we do are a risk but if that is where freedom lies than a RISK IT WILL BE!


After a week of Bible School and a very busy routine, we watched the sunset up at the fort. It was a night well spent. God designed all this beauty. I want to live my life with that same beauty that others can see he is very real and alive!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance