this crazy life

Time is going ever so fast. One and a half weeks of our vacation is gone and I seriously don't know where it went. Yes I am slacking off in blogging. I cannot find time except at hours such as these. Fortunately this is one of the nights where sleep is not coming and I am in the mood to catch up on some things. My last blog was on my little vacation. The youth went to the small island of Petite Martinique for the next two days after that to do a one night crusade followed by a Bible school for the kids. It was a good trip. The boat ride was smooth....actually too smooth. I would have loved a little bit more excitement. Of course the whole time was spent on the front of the boat getting wind and sea water blown all the while watching flying fish and some "supposedly" saw a whale. I missed that one! At our first stop we were unloaded and reloaded in a boat. a very small boat. a boat that had few windows and you were way down in the water. No more fresh air. It wasn't a long ride over to the island but long enough in such quarters!


The start of Bible school 

riding the good old Osprey

And then the following day...which would now be Friday was kite day with the church. We almost got out of it while we were at the resort but it got changed! It was a successful day for flying and with 40 some people there, real kites was flying! 


Jatan gazing away at the kites


Saturday came and it was a relaxing day spent at the pool and just catching up with myself...if that makes sense. Lest you think life maybe slowed down ...the evening came and along with it came the Faith High school seniors. We have three girls staying in our house. It is a lot of fun but is amazing how dirty a house gets when the occupancy is doubled! Faith is here for Bible School. Sunday you would have found me and my little group hiking all over the mountainsides and through the bush of Grenada to hand out invitations! Monday morning dawned bright and early with a small group of kids that came. Because it was a holiday many kids went on the beach to celebrate. It's been a good week of Bible school. My ten and eleven year old girls do amazing. 

My group of girls 

Snack and games is the best of course!

As soon as Bible school finished today our house was off to the village of Content. To reach there you must ride a bus for 30 some minutes and hike up a rather steep and long hill. I am thankful I don't have to do that every day. Our reasons for going here were to visit some friends that previously lived in LaBorie. They were working in the garden when we reached but no fear..that corn was planted in no time. We took lunch with us and spent some of the afternoon on a little beach within walking distance of their house. It was a good day and a very busy one. God is so good and because of Him I can have that reason to keep going in life. It may be busy and time is winding down for me here and at times is starting to look a little depressing but "there is a reason."

Bay helping plant that corn

their little small house shared with 5 people.

Contemplating getting wet

the view was beautiful

this boat was used to jump off of. The owners came not much longer and started loading it for a night of fishing.

and then some good old water or coconut milk...It was sweet and tasted nice!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance