Field tripping

Friday gone was the last field trip of the year which is always a little bit more exciting. We decided to head up the western coast and make a few stops. A walk on a  stretch of abandoned road was our first stop to break up the driving. We came out right where this sign tells you...or the real town name Gouyave! Kirani is a Grenadian runner with the fastest record in the 400m and is going to the Olympics!



We stopped at Carib's Leap and wanted to go down and do some exploring. It was locked and gated but broken bars are an entrance we supposed so through we climbed!

Miss Metzler and Destiny


a man upon the wetland fishing!

Celina about to try swimming in the marshes

Levera Beach exploring

In search of sea turtle eggs.

Climbing in the trees of course!

lunch time lime!

the three-some

my motley crew..never a dull moment!

*a student was not in her seat when the bell rang. I told her she can spend 5 minutes in at the next break. Next break arrived and she was just sitting there deedle dopping (whatever that means) in her desk so I told her to go outside. She promptly stands up and comes over and says "Miss, that is exactly why I ain't want you gone back ever and you must stay and teach me. You tell me I must stay in and then you gone and tell me to go outside." ....hmmm..you see how much this teacher remembers. My students are so honest!  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance