'you're different'

    She's a  loner. Church is her social life. She stays home most of the time. Her sons are all she got! She hasn't talked to her siblings in probably eight years...in fact one didn't want to be found when his father died and he needed to be notified!
    She had a child out of wedlock. She married a next man. Her husband's family didn't accept that. Attending church? His is too conservative...he don't like hers. 20+ years later of marriage and nothing has been reached.
    She married the man she lived with for 6+ years. After a year of marriage, he walked out. Leaving on his daughter's 7th birthday! Her parents and siblings have degrees in everything. That should make life perfect right?
    She lives with her Mennonite grandmother. Her father left the conservative church as soon as he could. "They don't allow this and this and this." Her step kids from the city think the grandmother is Amish. When visitors come her kids call it a "black car party."
    "You're different" they say? Really? How? Your just not like the rest. You are happy. Fun to be around. We can ask you questions. You actually want to talk to us!
    My mind is stirring. Each of these people I have contact with daily. Each on a different path. Who am I? What am I portraying or we as a "mennonite" church. I struggle with answers to questions they have. They are watching our lives. They've had contact with "us" before. What witness am I being? I believe all of them would say they are Christians and I have no doubt that some of them are. That still leaves me with no excuse to be an example in everything I do. They are watching.
     "We don't want to judge you all the same but most of you don't look happy and it's like you aren't allowed to talk to us."
     My challenge to you is this. Live your life so they KNOW! Can they see that hope and peace in your life? I confess that peace hasn't been in mine all of my working days in the past month! They knew that and  I told them why! My life is far from perfect. The more I study..the more I see how far I really am!

"Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite." Charles Spurgeon

 Be that person of valued sincerity! Be that snail and persevere to that eternal home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance