Family, Fun & Friends

We spent a day by my mother-in-law Rose since we are back. I thought that I have a lot of steps to climb but not nearly as many as she. Here is the bottom part...which just got steps added to it as well. I believe the count is somewhere in the 50's now!

She may have lots of steps to walk to her house but it is very nice!

from the top to the bottom

 Rebeka and Melanie distracting me from taking football pictures.













 Since boredom has become a norm....Ginger and I and the twins spent a few hours at the pool before the boys returned from the states. 

With the much anticipated supply of water and rainy season comes the dreaded disease carrying mosquitoes. 
Here they are walking around spraying to kill them. Dengue or chickungunya have gotten the best of numerous people I know. For the amount of mosquitoes eating me in the night and living in our house it seems like it's only a matter of time.
  
Some little people come by on occasion. 

Sunday afternoon we sang at the Grand Anse Home. 

Two of the ladies had us distracted as they fought over a book each calling the other one a thief. 

Jade and BJ wanted to show me they could "hold" a wild chicken. After setting the noose, the second try yielded one. We told them they better leave it go though since the neighbor man lays claim to the 50+ wild chickens in the neighborhood. 
speaking of chickens...you can see they are reproducing at high rates of speed. I enjoy feeding the little chicks.

Unfortunately I didn't have any before pictures but this was all VERY overgrown. Thanks to my husband it is all cleared up and I can maybe plant. I did venture and plant some watermelon...we shall see if it grows fast enough that the chickens don't get it!
We had a one night crusade in Hopevale. It was fun to see a few of the Bible Club kids from when I taught in LaBorie. They still knew "Fox"....last names are easier to pronounce than firsts!

My dear friend Alana wanted me to go with her to her son's orientation for secondary school. I wen,t not knowing I would be sitting for the next 3 hours, but it gave me a clearer insight on what secondary school is all about.
Not all the teachers were there to meet us because of the dreaded sicknesses going on!
 This little man finally got his first haircut so he can go to Kindergarten....it's not very low but he looks so much different.

Joshim looking nice in his uniform

Finbar also passed for Wesley College

We haven't got out fishing much yet since we returned, but my spear fishing brother supplied us with some!
This is a porcupine or blow fish. They puff up really big. We decided it was too much work for our liking since you have to hand pick each quill out so we gave it to the neighbor man. He had his pliers all ready for the task!

Even a sea cat(bottom) ...it was tasty, breaded and fried, and put on top of my salad!

As the thunder rolls and the rain pours right now on my beach day...I'm thankful for God's promises.
I'm alive, I'm healthy and I have a reason to live. God has been stretching us here in ways that we could not make it without his patience and love. In all His goodness God came through yesterday in a devotional I read..."then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God'?" John 11:40 and Phil. 4:19 "My God shall supply all your needs..."

Cemetery Hill

How we miss this little man and his family. I am ever so thankful for skype as a means of communication. As you can see the feelings are mutual. I don't believe he will be forgetting us any time soon. 


I dug up this from the ocean floor.
 Last week was my first day on the beach since I returned. Except for a major down pour it was a beautiful day. It's beauty always remains! 


Comments

  1. Angie, I love this post and all your pictures. It's good to see pics of Rose & Thaddeus' house, the little Limes girls, the overgrown pasture, the church people, BJ and Kyle, skyping w/ Jaxson, etc. I hope you all don't get sick :/ I love that quote at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, Kenny looks like Durelle on that picture. I have no idea if I spelled that right. Fun to see pictures of Miss Rose's house. Please don't get sick!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance