Stateside Wrap up

The remainder of our time stateside was filled up with family and friends before we returned home.
 Adalyn and Aleah
Dad fixed while we painted.


Bill, Brenda and Jaxson spent a weekend in Lancaster so we made the most of it. Went to September Farms and a few other places in the area.
 He's pretty much spoiled but oh well!


can't run now!

House full of family!

 ...these two....I'll leave it at that!



 And then there was a lovely baby shower for Bethany Clapper. It was not only fun to be there to celebrate that but also to see friends again.

A week following that the "blue house" was reunited for the day. It was a beautiful morning spent at a coffee shop followed by a cloudless pool day in the afternoon.

Babysat this cutie one day.


boys and toys...how well I remember riding these for hours as a child...well not these but some like them!


 painting some more for the family

stopped in to see my cousins kids and they were all ready to play some football!

....and then the niece finally arrived. So so happy McKenzie Rose made here appearance before our departure. We spent Wedns-Fri by them, so I held her till my heart was content.

it's supposed to be a kiss

 We had so much fun taking her pictures.

Jaxson is still cute as can be

she is simply precious!

So sad to think she will probably be crawling till I see her again!

I bought bananas and rock fig since we came back....the rest of this delicious fruit was given to us from family. If I didn't have a husband, this alone I would be living off of! It's good I have a husband...there's much more to life than fruit....like the yummy oil down that came along with the fruit!

Our flight was delayed 3 hours leaving JFK but rather late than never I suppose. Finally, after circling two times with the runway in view, we landed. (we had to burn fuel before we could land.)

We left Grenada just as the rains were starting to fall. We returned to a much overgrown and weedy place. Thunderstorms rumbled through last night as our little house on the hill rattled with it. There's nothing quite so peaceful as falling asleep to tingling rain on a tin roof. 
And now it's back to life here. I will admit it is not something I looked forward too. Pray for the churches here and for us (or me) as we adjust back into this life again.

"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." ~Socrates





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance