Kayaking

"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore." Vincent Van Gogh
Yes the sea is a dangerous place but it holds excitement.thrill.adrenaline rushes.WATER.tipped kayaks.floating water bottles.oars.swimming people.massive waves.blisters.sun.
It was worthy to be called a day. The peaceful start of kayaking was turned into a struggle upon massive waves and heavy breeze. We went no where. Or wait did we? Yes we did go somewhere. UNDER A MASSIVE 15 FOOT WAVE~ a wave that thought necessary to have us swimming in the deep trying to collect our belongs and upright everything that was flipped.(it's what I get for not watching my surroundings and trying to take a pix of a fellow tipped kayaker!) I did get the picture but in seconds I was swimming right with him! Thus started the solo kayaking for me. No longer in a double. It was work. Much more work than what I was in before!


yeah...still all nice and dry!

out in the deep...flying through the waves before they flew through us

..and here is Floyd before the rest of us joined him!


this lil "beat 8.5" was filled with so much water I could hardly keep it upright.
any little wave hitting me sideways and I was in.


the guys in the background...about to ride the waves in. This one they surprisingly stayed upright.
Many of the others had them tumbling in the sand!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance