Too Terrible

It was a bad week from the start...you know the kind that start off with snow. sigh.
Will spring and summer ever come? To top that it is the week before Easter which means the job I work at is crazy busy..you know so much so that you have 36 hours in three days..not counting the other two you work. Through all the lack of sleep and work work work...I could still hear this voice.... You know...that voice that when God speaks and you don't really believe it is Him..(or maybe that is just me.) But anyway...this voice I heard, but since I'm kind of superstitious..and in this case I very much wanted to be and laughted it off. You see that snowy night..yeah the one  at the beginning of the week...started out with a late start for work which was normal. What was not normal was this car that just seemed to try and catch up to me. I thought it strange but continued on my merry way, very alert to police sightings and the such. Well this particular car did indeed catch up. Those voices continued in her head...suspicious that there were other reasons the car decided to catch up. I continued on my way, breaking speed limits, in my feeble attempts to get to work on a night I really wanted to stay home in bed. And then came the brightness of patriotic colors. "Oh say can you see"....yeah. I could see all right. Those superstitions were indeed true.
After going a large amount over the speed limit in two different speed zones, giving the wrong insurance paper (but he left it go)...He sent me on my way with a  lovely "slow down and have a good night."
But that voice continued...that one that told me no lesson was learned. Yes my head is hard I know. sigh.
"two times in one week"
Really? NO...I am imagining the worst. But alas there was a reason I was working crazy hours. Bills to pay. ~Commonwealth of PA your welcome!
I like to make excuses..you know like..you work 12 hours and not want to get home. Alas I kept those thoughts to myself. I got just a warning for speeding...but since he went to the bother of stopping me...he gave me a citation for something else...."defendant drove entirely in the oncoming lane around a curve when no obstruction occurred."  I couldn't fight it in court...I have no memory whatsoever. Thus my intuition played out. Two times in one week. I think I jinxed myself.
On a side note...you know police like donuts?...well I tried it! lol

I have a visitor this weekend. I am hoping the weekend starts off a little bit better!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance