this too is meaningless

The busy life continues. I worked for 16 hours today.Two jobs. Promptly jogged my 5 miles to take in this beauty. On a side note..I have come to realize jogging goes just as fast listening to sermons as to pounding music.(it also drains the cell battery.dead.) I've now been awake 48+ hours. (It's best left uncalculated.) I hope I die before sleep deprivation catches up to me. I should be sleeping. It is night after all. hmmm. sigh. It's what it does to a person. Tonight is the first "working" night I had off. #it's.amazing.# Tomorrow I am cleaning a house ALL morning. I'm back to work then. Last week Thursday I worked almost 15 hours. I pray it's not that long again! 
We grow up driven to work.work.work. for what? What does it profit a man if he gain the WHOLE world but lose his own soul? It is hard to keepthis balance in perspective as I work my days away here and my nights away there! Is there a reason Ecclesiastes says "yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun." For a man may do his work with wisdom, knowledge, and skill, and then he must leave all he owns to someone who has not worked for it. This to is meaningless and a great misfortune." 2:11,21. 
"Whoever  loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless." 5:10. These verses keep my mind spinning. Chapter 5:19 then proceeds to tell us "when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work-this is a gift of God." I don't think I will ever understand till heaven I reach. Until then I will keep working. As the saying goes... "idleness is the devil's workshop."
~Little is MUCH..If God's in it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance