Standing on the Rock

Through my disappointment, strife and discontentment,
I cast my every care upon the Lord.
No matter what obsession, pain or deep depression,
I’m standing on the Solid Rock.

I’m standing on the Rock of Ages;
Safe from every storms that rages;
I'm rich but not from Satan’s wages;
I’m standing on the Solid Rock
.


 Celina and I taking a water break...and picture I guess

While the rest of the church sang at the General Hospital, I hung out with the little kids that were not old enough to go inside. As soon as we reach they started singing the song above. We sang it this morning in church but it was a good start for the afternoon as well. Most of our time was spent running up and down these rocks in attempts to get away from the person for it! Catchers was the game....I came away with juckers in my feet and sore spots on the bottom. My feet maybe too old for such rock climbing? lol.

 Following the singing we went to Fort Jeudy. This is one of my favorite points to go to. If I lived closer I believe I would find myself here very often. We shared out a snack and spent some time watching the strength and fury of the massive waves as they pounded the rocks.




The waves were amazing. Our God is greater, Our God is stronger, Lord you are higher than any other.

I watched the cactus and the yellow flower. How well they demonstrate my life. I feel like I am growing out of the rocks. There seems a constant hardness all around me. The growth is slow and dry and "things" threaten to distract me and tear me down. It's not easy growing. It hurts. The breeze real blow me around. As I stick out my head and reach for the "son" I can see the transformation starting to take place. Yes God this is exactly where I want to be. No matter how long it takes to get me there where you want me to be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance