waters of life


Sometimes the sails of life are tipping me over. I feel windblown. Tossed back and forth.  Driven to places I never thought life would take me. But through it all the captain knows where my boat is sailing. He controls the waves and the wind.  Prov. 3:5,6; Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and He shall direct thy paths.



When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; 
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. 
Is. 43:10


You know a dream is like a river, Ever changin' as it flows
And a dreamer's just a vessel, That must follow where it goes
Trying to learn from what's behind you, And never knowing what's in store
Makes each day a constant battle, Just to stay between the shores

And I will sail my vessel 'Til the river runs dry
Like a bird upon the wind, These waters are my sky
I'll never reach my destination, If I never try
So I will sail my vessel, 'Til the river runs dry

Too many times we stand aside, And let the waters slip away
'Til what we put off 'til tomorrow, It has now become today
So don't you sit upon the shoreline, And say you're satisfied
Choose to chance the rapids, And dare to dance that tide

There's bound to be rough waters, And I know I'll take some falls
With the good Lord as my captain, I can make it through them all.
The River~ Garth Brooks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance