Grandparents

Grandparent: A parent of one's father or mother
"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature / But beautiful old people are works of art." 
~Marjory Barslow-Greenbie


Proverbs:
African: "If you know his father and grandfather, don't worry about his son."

Chinese: "To forget one's ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root."

Indian: "The baby is not yet born, and yet you say that his nose is like his grandfather's."

Jewish: "One of life's greatest mysteries is how the boy who wasn't good enough to marry your 
             daughter can be the father of the smartest grandchild in the world." {*hmm.I.like.*}

Spanish: "Those who have no grandparents lose very much."

Traditional: "Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their                                                       
                   parents."

Welsh: "Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild."


it gave the grandpas something to talk about

it made good decor

 She said she is too old for a picture. I think she is rather cute!

                                                              fall decorations

Fellowship over food. It's the Mennonite thing to do! We do it well :)



[.wishful thinking.]
I attended upon request to be photographer. I got roped into staying for the meal which was very amazing. My mind was a gyre of thoughts. These "youth" just yesterday were adolescents and I was there teacher. I appeased my mind with the thought that the youth leaders are closer my age BUT still older. In only a matter of time I perceived that I am older than some of them as well.
^*(^*.I LEFT.#&*^   ??where has time gone??

I should be studying the s.s. lesson to teach and here I am blogging. Oh well an easy lesson calls for lots of discussion. I better not be disappointed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance