..the meaning of


Endurance:
1.the fact or power of enduring or bearing pain, hardships, etc.
2.the ability or strength to continue or last, especially despite fatigue, stress, or other adverse conditions; stamina:

I thought of this as I had my devotions today. I believe I can endure lots physically but this spiritual part...hmmmm {*think.rethink.}* The physical endurance was put to the test with my mother biking and me jogging beside. I wanted to stop and walk. It was my choice. My brained screamed endure. I really wasn't tired but why huff and puff unnecessarily. Too many times in the spiritual aspect I wanna stop and walk. That is not "running with patience the race before me." I am not tired so therefore I must "press on toward the goal to win the prize." The choice is mine. The choice is yours. Are we remaining faithful to the Son of God in everything that attacks HIS life in us? 

2 Corinthians 11 speaks of Paul's sufferings. He was imprisoned, beat, lashed,stoned, shipwrecked,on the move, starved, cold and naked and yet these were not his greatest concerns. Yes they were physical and affected very much of his life but in verse 28 he faced daily pressure of his concern for the churches. Paul laid aside all his personal difficulties and focused on how his fellow believers were doing else where. 
Paul endured. My difficulties and trials cannot compare. Lord help me not to focus on me but to study patience, courage and a firm trust in you.
2 Corinthians 12:10
That is why for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. 
For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I spent the morning with these lovely ladies. Ten years ago we were...well we won't go there. Two are missing. One forgot and the other lives 20 hours away. Next week we hope to all be together. I don't know if that has happened in 7 years. Distance may separate all of us but it only takes seconds to reconnect those long ago ties!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I Grow Up

February

Grenada at a glance